John Vivian, GG, ASG, RMV, ICGA
Certified Master Appraiser, NAJA
John is an independent appraiser of gems & jewelry serving the Western Washington area. Active in the jewelry industry since 1978, he opened Washington Gemological Laboratory in 1997.
- GG - Graduate Gemologist - Gemological Institute of America (GIA),
GIA Alumni Member since 1998
- CMA - Certified Master Appraiser, National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA)
- RMV - Registered Master Valuer - Master Valuer Program
- ASG - Accredited Senior Gemologist - Accredited Gemologists Association (AGA)
- ICGA - Independent Certified Gemologist Appraiser - American Gem Society (AGS)
Additional jewelry appraiser background...
Tacoma, Federal Way, Puyallup
Jewelry Appraisal Services
Washington Gem Lab voluntarily adheres to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) & the ethical standards set forth by the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers and the Accredited Gemologists Association.
We produce appraisal reports that meet or exceed the requirements set forth by...
- Jewelry Owners
- Trustees & Legal Guardians
- Insurance Agents
- Jewelry Retailers
- Non-Profit Organizations
Types of Jewelry Appraisals
Each jewelry appraisal must identify the specific intended use of the appraisal.
Types of jewelry appraisals...
Jewelry Appraisal Appointments,
Fees & Tacoma
Appraisals are done by appointment only. If necessary, we can schedule appointments for evenings or Saturdays.
Jewelry appraisal fees are based on either a per item charge or on an hourly basis. The minimum fee for a single item is $100.00. Appraisals are never based on a percent of the appraised value — that is unethical.
1109 A Street
If more convenient, we also have an office in Olympia. Visit our Olympia Jewelry Appraisal website - Washington Gemological Laboratory.